11/30/11

Gurudev Reveals

"This is the message to tread the “Path of Light” that is “you”!! Guru never dies; it is just that he leaves his physical body after completing his definite mission for which he acquired it.  And Guru is “eternal spiritual light and fragrance”.  On his Mahasamadhi day, let us come together to feel the presence of Gurudev, as the eternal light, eternal compassion and guide, taking us to the eternal Bliss."



I remember and Recall

November 13, 1996 - Gurudev Swami Rama left his body, while we all were performing a Havan in the Ashram, and I had no clues! Late night, after the Havan, I returned home in Bengaluru, along with Sadhanashree, our 6 years old daughter. A paper slip was stuck, to the locked doors! It said, Gurudev has his Mahasamadhi at Rishikesh Ashram! Those were the days of `no mobiles' and we had no land telephone too at Ashram!! Hence, the driver was sent back with the message to the Ashram!!

That was the "dark night of the soul" experience. I had taken for granted that since Gurudev is a Mahan Yogi, he would continue to be in his body, even after we leave this world! I felt, as if I was left all alone, in this dark world of pathless path of spirituality. My guiding light, had suddenly disappeared from my sight; all my enthusiasm, inner confidence, joy of sadhana, as if, were snapped off me! Entire dark night was spent in tears, despair, which I had no words to express; no strength to act any more.

Nevertheless, duties and responsibilities never wait for one’s moods. The little kid,  certainly needed breakfast. I dragged my heart and soul to the kitchen. My vacant mind at the vessel on the top of the Gas-stove, got stirred up by voice `Bete’, why are you crying over my dead body. Do you think, I have gone away from you? Do you want to meet me? You can meet me anytime, in your meditation. Gurudev pulled me to the Meditation room and instructed me to sit and close my eyes! Within seconds, I was in deep state of Meditation.

Gurudev continued instructing me in his deep, clear voice `Bete; can you see something in front of you?, I said, Yes, my own self sitting in front of me! But there is a difference. The other one is filled with only light, numerous smallest particles, bubbling with energy-and That was me!! I did recognize me!! Dumb-founded I was, simply looked at my Gurudev, in marvel! Gurudev replies, `Yes, This is your body of Light; out of love and compassion, I have revealed this Truth to you. Now I fix you target of life. From now on, your purpose of life is to realize this body of light, by way of your Sadhana’. Baba Gurudev continued, “ Are you convinced now, that I am always with you. It hurts me to see you crying; wipe your tears, my blessings to you. Touching my head, he disappeared from the room!

A great enliven experience to me! Of course, to all the Sadhakas, to tread the “Path of Light” that is “you”!! Guru never dies; it is just that he leaves his physical body after completing his definite mission for which he acquired it. And Guru is “eternal spiritual light and fragrance”.

On his Mahasamadhi day, let us come together to feel the presence of Gurudev, as the eternal light, eternal compassion and guide, taking us to the eternal Bliss.

May Baba bless you all.

In the service of Guru Parampara
Jyothi & Pattabhirmam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support for the cause...

How your contribution does really matters a child in Sadhana Vidyalaya… Sadhana Vidyalaya Students Mid-day meal – recurring expe...